If you like to travel off the beaten path look no further than the list below for the 15 most unusual museums around the world.
1. The Icelandic Phallological Museum, Reykjavik, Iceland : A museum dedicated to the collection and scientific study of mammal penises
2. Foam, Amsterdam, Netherland : Photography Museum in a row house with rotating exhibits
3. Museu d'Història de la Ciutat, Barcelona, Spain : Museum of the History of the City of Barcelona showing subterranean archeological sites dating back 2000 years
4. Crocodile Museum at Temple of Kom Ombo, Egypt : A museum displaying mummified crocodiles revered by ancient Egyptians
5. Camel Museum, Dubai, U.A.E. : A museum dedicated to the important role camels have played in the Arabian peninsula
6. District Six Museum, Cape Town, South Africa : A museum focusing on an area of Cape Town decimated by Apartheid and the experiences before and after residents were removed
7. Museum of Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco : An Andalusian building that showcases traditional and contemporary Moroccan art
8. War Remnants Museum, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam : Formerly the Exhibition House for Crimes of War and Aggression, this state run museum is about the military conflict between Vietnam and the United States
9. Nukus Museum of Art, Nukus, Uzbekistan - A museum in an unlikely place that houses a collection of more than 82000 works of art, ranging from Karakalpak folk art to Russian avant- garde pieces.
10. Power Station Art Museum, Shanghai, China : The first state run contemporary art museum on mainland China, house in a former power plant
11. Gorky’s House or Ryabushinsky Mansion, Moscow, Russia : The art nouveau home of the late writer and political activist Maxim Gorky
12. Museum of Soviet Arcade Machines, Moscow, Russia : A museum of restored arcade games collected from former Soviet states that are playable for guests.
13. El Museo del Oro, Bogota, Colombia - The Museum of Gold showcases gold work, jewelry and crafts from pre-Colombian indigenous civilizations
14. Bell Museum, Mina Clavero, Argentina : A museum housing a collection of more than 500 bells from all over the world with information on construction, cultural significance and musical uses.
15. The Cuban Postal Museum, Havana, Cuba : A museum about the history and importance of the mail service in Cuba that also has an impressive collection of stamps